Friday, March 25, 2011

Help me help myself!




Here I am, wide awake at 4AM. I think I have a problem. In fact, I know I have a problem. I used to be able to tame these random outbursts of sudden creative juices, but now - now I can't seem to patch up the leak and keep them from flooding out of control. And this all just has to happen at 4 in the friggin' morning. Stories, ideas, in depth dialogue, playing through my mind as I pace around my room in a contemplative fashion. While the rest of me - mind and body - wants to call it a day and hit the hay, that itty bitty part of me, growing larger and more consuming, feels it's time to come out and play.


...Wow, did I just rhyme? Heh, what can I say? I'm a natural!


Anyway, the problem with all of this (besides the fact that it's 4 in the freakin' morning!) is that I can't seem to focus on one thing - one thought, story, genre, whatever you want to call it. I know I want to write something, do something...I just can't figure out what that something is! I can't decide! I know I have my whole life to share every last one of my wacky musings with the world, but I can't even keep it focused! It's almost like part of my own mind is getting some sick pleasure out of torturing me! It wakes me up with an overwhelming amount of inspiration, then when I finally give in, it suffers from stage fright and suddenly isn't in the mood anymore. Ah, the curse of writer's block! Except, it's not writer's block. The problem isn't that I can't think of any good ideas - I have too many good ideas and that's the problem here! They all individually tend to blur into one big idea that just wouldn't be right all jumbled up into a single story...



hmm...or would they? >;)



I'll get back to you on that...




-- Sammy Wammy


Oh, just for fun, check out Batman's hair envy!

No comments:

Post a Comment